|Goal as a player of blackjack is to beat
the dealer’s hand by either:
- Having a total that exceeds the dealer's total or
- By not going over 21 when the dealer does.
Remember a blackjack player competes only against the dealer
and not against any other players.
Standard blackjack rules state following numerical values
of the cards:
- 2 to 9 have face value (Example: 3 has a value of 3)
- 10, Jack, Queen, King have a value of 10
- ace can have either a value of 1 or 11
In blackjack card suit is not important, but the value
of the card is important. If cards value exceeds a total
of 21, it is known as “busting". If player’s
first two cards total is 21, it is know as “natural
blackjack”. A player can draw cards until his hand
comes close to a total of 21.
But there are separate rules for the dealer and he strictly
follows them. If dealer’s hand is 16 or less, he can
draw a card. Else, if his hand is 17 or more, he stands.
Hence a player can do anything as far as drawing and standing